Best Website Builders for Small Business: “What’s the best website builder to use if I have a small business?” This is an important question for many entrepreneurs, but it’s not an easy one to answer since there are so many different businesses out there. To help, we put together this list of the best website builders for your budding small business.Qualified professionals can help you make an informed decision about the best website hosting service for your specific needs. A web hosting plan entails a monthly fee and, depending on the plan, will provide certain features to suit your needs.
A professional hosting service should provide at least three key features: security, reliability and back up. If you run a business website, you want to make sure that your site is up and running at all times. This is especially important if you do most of your transactions online like selling products and services over the internet.
Best Website Builders for Small Business
This post includes information about which websites have custom domain names available and which ones make it easier to create a blog with your company blog and social icons on every page.
More than half (64%) of small businesses have a website.
You are here, so you obviously fall in the remaining (36%) category. This automatically makes you one step behind your competitors who have a website.
But anyway, now is the next best time to make a business website.
At least you are ahead of the 35% of small business owners who believe that their operations are too insignificant to need a website.
It is good that you realize that a business website would give you the required visibility, exposure, and edge over others.
eCommerce integration, responsive web design, and closed captioning: these are just three features that make a website builder a great choice for your small business. Every website builder is not equally equipped to help you meet your business goals. This article covers the best builders on the market and how they compare to one another.
Selecting a website builder for your small business may seem daunting because there are so many options available. But it doesn’t have to be confusing or complicated if you know what you need out of a site before starting the search process.
In the following guide, we’ll help you find the best website builder from the sea of options.
Pricing – Since it’s a competitive space, we look for which website builder offers the most value for the price. We ask questions like does it offer a free domain, free SSL, free business email, free eCommerce features, etc. If not, then how much would a small business owner has to spend on additional extras / hidden costs.
But before that, here’s a quick roundup of what a website builder actually is…
Website Builders – The Ultimate King Making Tool
Designer templates, drag and drop editors, and a massive selection of templates. That’s just the beginning of what a website builder can offer you when it comes to building your own site for your small business.
Visitors judge a website within half a second. But hiring an in-house team, freelancers or agencies takes a lot of time, effort, and money. And you’d have to hand over the reins to someone else.
Website builders understand and remedy all your pain points. They make building a website similar to building a LEGO set.
LEGO sets can be built by a 5-year-old. Similarly complete newbies can also pick up the blocks (apps, widgets, content, and media) and build a structure (website).
But finding adults bent over a LEGO set creating elaborate structures isn’t hard either. Website builders too would offer scope for building more than just a cookie-cutter website.
But all website builders are not built alike.
We tested the top contenders in the market. And found out five best website builders for small business owners. They offer the required features, fit in smaller budgets, and offer unprecedented ease. Read our take on the best 5 to find the one that fits you.
Best Website Builder For Developing A Small Business Website
The Presence is a basic but effective plan designed for small businesses and enterprises that want to build an online presence. It’s ideal for companies with a limited budget and who are just starting out in the world of eCommerce.
Design templates, and they all have their own unique features.
A trial of the software is free, and it can be used for a limited time. Upgrading to the full version gives access to more features, such as customization options, or adding functionality.
Five best options in the market worth taking around the block for a drive.
Wix is a cloud-based website builder. It helps small businesses get online without coding know-how. Established in 2006, today, over 4.6 million live websites are built using Wix.
Artificial Design Intelligence, or ADI, is the company behind these amazing website builders. They are renowned for transforming a business’ online image in as little as 48 hours with their powerful yet easy-to-use templates.
In this online world, having a unique and professional website is a must for every business. However, building one from scratch can be very time-consuming, especially for a small business that does not have much resources to spare.
Most beginners in this field would probably learn more by studying a business plan than trying to build their own website. Fortunately, ADI has come up with a great solution: artificial intelligence.
The free version lets you create a simple website. Paid plans start at $14/month and go up to $39/month. Hosting is included in this. With the paid plans, you get the domain name free for the first year.
There are over 800 template options to choose from.
The Wix builder is simple and intuitive. A lot of information and guides are available online, and support is available via email and call.
The Wix App Market has over 250 apps that help add form and features to your website. And there is also a vast library of free-to-use images.
Basic blogging functionalities are in-built, and you can easily start a blog using Wix.
With the business plans ($23/month and above), you can set up a functional eCommerce store.
More than half of small and medium business owners have limited know-how about SEO. Wix easily tackles this with the SEO Wiz tool that walks users through the basics of SEO. The builder also gives access to enough tools to help small businesses get found on Google.
Shopify is the best website builder in the eCommerce category. Shopify powers 1.5 million online stores today. And these stores have made sales of over $200 billion.
Everything you need to build an online store – payment processing, tax functionality, templates, apps and widgets, email marketing tools, and even a blog – comes in-built with Shopify.
A 14-day free trial is available. The paid plans start at $9/month, going up to $299/month.
Shopify offers nine free and over 60+ paid theme options for your store. All these options are mobile responsive, aesthetically appealing, and professionally designed. Shopify features a traditional What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) builder. It isn’t as easy as drag-and-drop, but works just fine, giving you ample customization scope.
Shopify lets you accept payments in international currency, build a great cart and checkout page and have access to cart abandonment recovery tools.
Shopify’s SEO features are robust yet simple. On-page optimization of your website is as simple as fixing a few nuts and bolts.
Over 4000 apps are available on the Shopify app store. This is in addition to a wide range of third-party integrations that it supports. A lot of these apps are for dropshipping and can help you find sellers online.
In case of any issues or doubts, you can contact support via email or live chat. You can also request a callback for on-call assistance
23% of small business websites get updated less than once each year. That’s primarily because updating a website isn’t easy. But when you are using Weebly as your website builder, creating and maintaining your website becomes a breeze.
Weebly offers hosting, and the site is optimized to give faster load speeds. They also offer and maintain an SSL certificate for your entire site. The free plan comes with a subdomain (https://www.yourwebsite/weebly.com/). And paid plans range between $6/month to $26/month.
The website builder has a drag-and-drop editor, which makes it easy to use. Onboarding help is offered via email drip sequence as well as information buttons in the builder.
All basic features for business use are in-built. Some of the advanced features like membership, forums, and file uploads are also not available.
What cannot be found in-build can be found via supported third-party integrations and a growing Weebly App Center.
The Knowledge Base offers quick solutions to all your problems. For free plan users, there is an option for email support. Paid plan members get access to email, chat, and phone support as well.
Weebly has basic SEO and decent social media features that are enough for small business websites.
The shopping cart, basic inventory management, and payment acceptance features of Weebly make it great for basic online selling too.
Did you know 94% of negative feedback on a website is design-related? With Squarespace, you won’t ever get that sort of negative feedback. It is a design-centric website builder, and you’d create a poor website design only when you try too hard to deliberately do that.
Squarespace has over 100 sophisticated themes and templates to choose from. The attention to detail and the effort to achieve perfection in these themes are evident, and 100% responsive.
The blogging functionality is better than its contemporaries with features like feature-rich commenting, blog scheduling, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), etc. You can also host your podcast on Squarespace.
For any issues or concerns, you can take help from the live chat option, which is quick and efficient.
Squarespace offers mobile applications that can be used to edit and update your website from your Android or iOS apps.
Squarespace Extensions marketplace is where you can find apps and plugins for added functionality.
Plans start at $12/month (without eCommerce) and go up to $40/month. The $18/month Business plan is the lowest priced plan that lets you set up an online store. A 14-day free trial is available.
Squarespace’s SEO functionalities are exceptional. Doing the basics (editing title and alt tags, for example) is easy. And even the expert-grade stuff (adding redirects, to begin with) is possible.
If you want to create a website without hassle or emptying your back balance, BigCommerce is a suitable hosted Software As A Service (SaaS) product to consider. Aimed at both tech-newbies and tech masters, it is a one-size-fits-all solution for a wide spectrum of small business owners.
BigCommerce offers a 15-day trial period, after which you have to go with a paid plan starting at $29.95/month up to $299.95/month. Making annual payments would help you save more with a 10% discount.
You get 12 free, and 150 paid, professionally designed, customizable, and aesthetic templates.
eCommerce store owners can accept payments via PayPal and several other payment getaways without extra charges. The cart abandonment recovery feature that you get with BigCommerce’s plans costing $79.95/month and upwards is arguably the best in the market.
BigCommerce comes with full Content Management System-like functionalities, a drag-and-drop editor, and an intuitive performance.
You cab list 250 product options and over 600 variants on your website. This is extremely generous as compared to competitors.
The SEO functionalities are great and include the basics like meta title and description, image optimization, AMP, and more.
While starting out with BigCommerce, you’d get multiple mails with guides. For queries, you have access to 24/7 live agent support. You’d be prompted to check out the relevant Help pages before you get to the agent support.
Gator Website Builder
Today, more than ever before, entrepreneurs need to have a modern website in order to stay competitive. With many website-building tools on the market, it might seem like an overwhelming task trying to figure out which one is best for your business. But Gator Website Builder is a great option for small businesses who are just getting started or looking for an easier solution.
With Gator Website Builder, you won’t need any prior coding or design experience because everything you’ll need is built into the platform and available at your fingertips in an easy-to-use drag and drop editor. With a few clicks you’ll be able to create the website of your dreams to ensure greater brand awareness, improve online presence, and build customer loyalty.
How Gator Website Builder Works
Gator Website Builder is built on the WordPress platform, which uses a content management system (CMS) that allows users to add and edit content with ease. The WordPress CMS is also easily search engine optimized for increased visibility in search results. By using this powerful platform, website builders like Gator Website Builder can offer their users exceptional functionality while keeping costs down.
However, the WordPress CMS itself doesn’t have a built-in design editor, which is where Gator Website Builder truly stands out. It offers a simple, yet elegant design tool that eliminates the need for complicated coding and HTML. Gator Website Builder will automatically convert your designs into clean code. Simply put, it’s exactly what website builders should be: easy to use and navigate while providing everything you’ll need to create a powerful website in a short amount of time.
With a solid understanding of web design and the ability to create designs in the WordPress CMS, you can have a website up and running in as little as an hour. As the owner of Gator Website Builder, I’ve built my own business around this website builder, and am able to offer some of the most affordable rates on the market.
GoDaddy Website Builder
GoDaddy Website Builder provides powerful website creation tools and online marketing resources to help take your business to the next level. We offer a range of site templates for different types of businesses, and have all the features you need to showcase your products and services on a professional-looking website.
Do you want an easy-to-use website builder that’s affordable? Check out 1&1 MyWebsite from 1&1 Hosting. It’s as simple as entering your domain name or selecting one of our preconfigured domains like cookingbooks4less.net. You can have a website up and running in minutes, and there are no monthly fees for using our site builder.
Delivering Business Advice Directly to You
With so many options, it is hard to find the right website builder that fits your business needs. We’ve included a few of our favorites on this list so you can decide which one is best for you. Here are some of the best website builders out there that we recommend:
This web design builder uses drag and drop tools to let users enter their content directly into the site. This lets users shop for products and take care of their staff without having to learn HTML code. Their ratings are very good and customers tend to give them a lot of great feedback. The company also offers themes that make customization easy and allows its customers to get started building their site without any problems at all.
This is the best website builder for those who are just getting started with their business venture. It has all sorts of great tools including a domain name generator which will let you purchase a domain name without any trouble at all. It also has site backup and security, in addition to features that can help you start planning out your website quickly. Overall, this is an excellent start-up tool for any small business and it will be easy to learn how to use it and get started in no time at all.
Builderall Business makes it easy for users to build a website without any experience whatsoever. This site builder is used by webmasters around the world and they love the easy drag and drop functionality that it provides them with. They also like that they can access it anywhere at any time. More than 1,200 people around the world use this tool and they say that it’s one of the best options for those who need a new website and are looking for an easy way to build it.
This site builder is super fast and reliable, so you’ll never have any problems with your website going down or loading slowly. They also offer social media buttons on every page which is a nice touch for those who want to build an online presence in their community. This is a good choice for those who are using this for business and want to make sure their website is secure and fast.
This website builder makes it easy to create any type of site you need. It has features that allow users to start blogging as well as share videos and photos on their site. This is a great choice for those who want a blog with their business or use content marketing techniques, in addition to all of the tools they offer that can help you run your business without any problems at all. This is definitely one of the best options out there when it comes to choosing your software.
Website builders are a great option for those who want to create their own site without having to pay an expert to build it. These tools can help you to get started with your business venture and make sure that you’re ready and able to compete with your competitors as soon as possible. Each of these website builders is going to give you all the features that you need and the ability to customize your site in a way that is easy for you and your business. Consider which one will work best for your purposes, so you can start creating a new website today.
Building more than one site?
For more support on running multiple sites, we recommend using a Content Management System (CMS). A CMS gives you the flexibility to organize and present your content in a way that is both creative and functional.
It’s also important to note that each of these website builders are different from each other which means that you might find a site that fits your needs better than the one listed above. Keep this in mind as you search for the perfect web builder for your business. All of them have their pros and cons so far as features, so it is up to you to decide which one will work best for you.
In order to help you find the best website builder for your business, we’ve compiled a list of the best web builders available on the market. Our list includes the top five web designers that will help get your business started in no time at all. With their features and prices, you can make sure to find a tool that is perfect for your needs.
Premade websites are great when you’re starting out with a new business, but as you expand your company into different markets, it becomes harder to manage. An established company may already have an online presence even if they don’t have physical locations around the country or world. A company who already has a website will likely want to upgrade their existing web design, but they may not know how to do so. A prebuilt website may work for the business at the beginning, but as new products and services are introduced, it is going to be difficult for them to manage a site that cannot be updated with the right tools.
If you’re thinking about creating a new website or revamping your current one, you should consider using a content management system (CMS). This platform will allow you to use features that let you manage everything from employee information and pricing to what customers can see on the site.
Questions to look at before Deciding
1. What type of business do you want to have?
2. Do you need a domain name, hosting, and web design?
3. Do you need a merchant account?
4. Will you be processing credit cards online or offline?
5. What social media are you going to use?
6. What website builder do you want to use?
7. What content management system will you use?
8. Are there any ecommerce prices you want to give your customers?
9. Is the online payment processing for your customers free or will they have to pay a fee for using your online store?
10. Do you need customer service, shipping, and backup support?
11. How much time do you have to spend on your online store?
12. Which software platforms will work for your business?
13. What is the right system to use depending on your company’s needs?
14. What will be the price range of monthly fees for a web and ecommerce hosting plan?
15. How much free website parking space do you need in your hosting account?
16. Do you need a domain name or are you going to use a subdomain such as myname.com, mystorename, shoppingcart, or whatever name you want for it?
17. What are the specifications of your online store?
18. Do you need extra services such as email, phone support, or customer service?
19. Do you prefer to have your website hosted in the USA or in another country?
20. Will you want a full-time resource online to handle any questions or concerns from your customer base?
21. How much time will you be able to spend on following up with customers and promoting your business?
22. Are there many small businesses like yours?
23. Any other information that will be helpful for you as a small business owner with an online store.
24. How to promote your business online and offline.
25. Do you have any specialties or products that a local business would be interested in purchasing?
26. How do you want to handle the shipping and order fulfillment?
27. What type of shipping methods are available, such as UPS, USPS, FedEx and so on?
28. What features do you need for your online store that is hosted on the web?
29. Will you be doing direct billing or will the billing be done through another company such as PayPal?
30. Do you need one month of hosting or three months of hosting until your site is set up and ready for customers to purchase your products or services?
31. How much are you willing to pay for a merchant account, credit card processing, shipping costs?
32. Are you able to pay on a monthly basis?
33. Can you afford to pay $1,000 for the ecommerce site online and ecommerce hosting?
34. What are your main goals with your online store?
35. What do you want to achieve by running an online store for your customers and selling their services or products online?
36. Why you want to pursue this type of business opportunity.
37. What are your best selling products?
38. What is the niche market that you would like to target with your online store?
39. Do you want customers from the United States, Canada, Europe or all over the globe?
40. How will your people and customers react to a new online store from a new provider?
41. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an online store to handle your customer orders and sales for yourself or having another company take care of it for you?
42. What other questions can you think of that will help us to answer all the questions that are on your mind?
43. Which technology platform is best for your online store?
44. Do you know what ecommerce platform works best for you and your business?
45. What is the best platform for small businesses when it comes to selling their products and services online?
46. What type of software system runs the website and ecommerce part of your business?
47. What types of applications are used on your website or ecommerce site before it goes live with customers online, from email marketing to customer support calls?
48. Do you need a Facebook page, Twitter Feed, Pinterest Board or another social media channel to help promote your business?
49. What do you want to use for ecommerce store payment processing and shipping?
50. What type of content management system is best for your online business and ecommerce website?
51. Do you want your customers to place orders via email or do you want them to call in their orders over the phone with a live customer service rep?
52. How many items are on the front page of your online store and how many items would be on the back end of your online store where purchases are made after visitors landed on this site from Google or other search engines?
53. Do you want to have a phone system for placing all orders directly by customers or do you want to use live chat and ecommerce support software?
54. Do you want your customers to get back-up support from customer service reps on the telephone, email or live chat?
55. Which payment systems would be best for your online store?
56. Should you use PayPal, Stripe, Google Checkout, Shopify and so on?
57. Can you describe the business model that will be used for your products and services online including any major expenses in regards to the cost of hosting and other key costs associated with running an online store?
58. What are the top online marketing strategies and techniques that you will use to market your online store?
59. Do you have anything else to share with us about your ecommerce store that we didn’t ask you here or before?
60. What do you need from us that will help make your online business successful?
61. What kind of support team can we provide for your ecommerce site in order to assist in the future?
62. What pricing plans available
Pointers for choosing
Google Analytics says that over a third of the world’s population owns a smartphone, and they use these phones to research potential purchases on the go. This means small businesses need to be online and accessible across multiple platforms, including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Advanced Features: The best website builders for small business feature advanced features and tools that help you optimize your business online. From the ability to create a mobile-ready website to advanced ecommerce options, these features help your website rank higher in search engine results.
The SEO tools built into your website builder give you the power to optimize your site for search engines. By creating optimized meta tags and writing properly structured code, you can get your website to rank higher in search engine results.
Storage space is scarce and expensive. That’s why having a good website builder is so important for your small business.
Unlimited storage? No problem! These are the best website builders for small businesses. Not only will they give you a beautiful, mobile-ready site that is easy to maintain, but they’ll also help you do more with less and keep expenses low.
Pricing for basic hosting ranges from free to $2 per month per site. Domain registry fees range from a few dollars per year to 50 or more.
CMS pricing varies by provider and packages. You can see how much a specific CMS costs by searching for it and viewing its pricing on its provider’s website.
Get Started Today…
With that, it’s a wrap on our list of the top website builders for small business.
Each of the options on the list is a market leader in its own right. Pick what fits your needs and start building something great right away.
- Over 39% of all websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. (wpbeginner.com)
- They are offering our users 60% off on web hosting that comes with free SSL certificate, free domain name, great uptime, and 24/7 phone support. (wpbeginner.com)
- They offer an easy to use drag & drop website builder tool with free hosting and 87% off premium plans which makes them the cheapest website builder in our list. (wpbeginner.com)
- Weebly charges 3% transaction fees on every purchase made through your ecommerce store. (wpbeginner.com)
- Yes, WordPress.org is an open source software that’s 100% free for everyone to use. (wpbeginner.com)
- Every SEO expert agrees that WordPress is the most SEO friendly website builder, and this is why over 39% of all websites use WordPress. (wpbeginner.com)
- You can get an extra 10% off Zyro’s already chunky discounts using the code TECHRADAR at checkout, meaning you can start building your website from just $1.70 per month. (techradar.com)
- Today, Wix is one of the most popular online website builders in the world with more than 200 million users (according to their February 2021 report) across 190 countries and it is easy to see why. (techradar.com)
- Also note that you can get a further 10% off Zyro’s already impressive discounts by using the code TECHRADAR at checkout, so you can pay as little as $1.70 per month to build your site. (techradar.com)
- Small businesses are also likely to be enticed by IONOS’ multilingual translation, which can translate a site’s content into 62 different languages. (techradar.com)